Table of Contents
- What is the certificate of authenticity?
- What is the reproduction fee and how is it calculated?
- Where do the Image Collection images come from?
- Are images in frames changeable?
- What is the difference between photo prints and giclée prints?
- How do I create a split image?
- What wall-mount options does WhiteWall offer and how do I hang my picture?
- How do I clean Acrylic Photo Prints, Metal Prints or Photo Canvases?
- If I order a white border, will it cut off part of my image?
- What is mounting?
- Are there barcodes, logos, or other distinguishing marks from the manufacturer on WhiteWall products?
- Which products are suitable for outdoor display?
- Can I print collages on acrylic glass?
- Which products are suitable for kitchens?
- Do I need professional photography equipment to shoot photos for WhiteWall products (Photo Canvases, Acrylic Photo Prints, Aluminum Dibond, etc.)?
- How durable are digital prints and photographic prints?
- Product samples: Is it possible to take a look at the papers and print results in advance?
1) What is the certificate of authenticity?
The WhiteWall Image Collection (Wall Art) offers thousands of images from various categories and enables you to turn your favorite into wall art for your home. All of the images are carefully curated and of high photographic quality, and take an artistic approach. In the Image Collection, you will find photographs in categories like landscapes, water & beaches, cities, people, and the animal kingdom. There are also digitized images of paintings or collector’s items like digitized movie posters and advertising sings. The high quality standard and your purchase through the WhiteWall Image Collection are confirmed through the certificate of authenticity.To top
2) What is the reproduction fee and how is it calculated?
In the WhiteWall Image Collection, the reproduction fee is the licensing fee for using the image. It is charged in addition to the production costs. The reproduction fee is calculated according to the quantity of ordered images. For example, that means if you order the same image twice, the reproduction fee will be charged twice. The amount of the reproduction fee also depends on the size of the image and the royalty agreement. The reproduction fee is shown while ordering from the WhiteWall Image Collection.To top
3) Where do the Image Collection images come from?
The pictures in the Image Collection are from renowned photographers and celebrated image archives. We can thus ensure that every one of the images is of the highest photographic quality and meets artistic standards.To top
4) Are images in frames changeable?
All Frame models have premium seals, meaning the images cannot be changed out.To top
5) What is the difference between photo prints and giclée prints?
The essential difference is that giclée prints are pigments on paper, whereas photo prints are exposed onto light-sensitive photo paper and developed chemically.
Giclée prints consist of tiny dots of color passed on cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (CMYK). High-quality printers, for example, also use additional light versions of these colors. All of the colors in the printed photo are then mixed from these colors, with very fine drops of inks next to each other on the paper. If you look extremely closely (through a magnifying glass, for instance), you can see the individual dots of color. This is called a halftone pattern.
Photo prints do not have halftone; there are no dots. The photo paper is exposed by light – or a laser, more specifically – with no halftone. This is done using red, green, and blue light (RGB).
Both printing technologies are suitable for photos (when it comes to giclée prints, Fine Art Prints – prints with very high resolution and as many colors as possible – are especially good for this.) For graphic works, and for text in particular, giclée prints are advantages because they can produce crisper edges on the text.To top
6) How do I create a split image?
Many of our product variations can be ordered as split images. This is possible for all products that can be ordered in custom formats, the products that can be ordered in user-defined formats. This includes a majority of our product variations. While configuring your product select “more options” and choose the split image format you want.To top
7) What wall-mount options does WhiteWall offer and how do I hang my picture?
Depending on the product and its size, WhiteWall offers various wall-mount options. In some cases, the wall-mount can be directly integrated into the frame. In most cases, we attach an additional wall-mount to your piece. Aluminum rails are our most-used wall-mount. Depending on the size of the piece, two or four rails are attached to the back of the product. You can find more information about wall-mounts on the respective product pages.
Hanging your picture can generally be done with two screws or hooks anchored or screwed into holes in the wall. For smaller pictures two nails may suffice. You should always use two nails, screws, or hooks so that your picture will not slide to the side or hang crooked. Naturally, our products are compatible with gallery rails, in which hooks are attached to thin nylon wires. In the WhiteWall Photo Magazine, you will find more tips on arranging and hanging your pictures.To top
8) How do I clean Acrylic Photo Prints, Metal Prints or Photo Canvases?
You can dust your picture with a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (a microfiber cloth, for example). To make sure you can enjoy your WhiteWall piece for as long as possible do not use any glass cleaning products for acrylic or aluminum mounting. Avoid applying too much pressure when wiping the surface.To top
9) If I order a white border, will it cut off part of my image?
No. The white border is added around the outside of your image. The format and size of your image will not change – we automatically increase the dimensions to include the width of the white border. This gives your picture a higher-quality and more refined appearance, and it also makes them easy to put in a passe-partout mat for framing.To top
10) What is mounting?
Mounting means there are different layers of materials adhered together. At WhiteWall, for example, this includes photo paper mounted to aluminum Dibond or face-mounted on acrylic glass.To top
11) Are there barcodes, logos, or other distinguishing marks from the manufacturer on WhiteWall products?
Some of our products do have a WhiteWall logo, for example, on the back side of the product. During checkout, you can select neutral shipping, which will remove these logos.To top
12) Which products are suitable for outdoor display?
The following products are suitable for outdoor areas: Photo Print On Aluminum Dibond, Photo Print On Brushed Aluminum, Photo Print On Forex, and the HD Metal Print. Please note that, due to natural influences, photographic prints in outdoor areas cannot have the same longevity as the ones kept indoors can achieve.To top
13) Can I print collages on acrylic glass?
There are many image editing programs that will enable you to create your own collages. It is possible to make especially individualized compositions using versatile image editing software like Adobe Photoshop or GIMP.
You can then upload your finished collages to WhiteWall as a single image file. This can then be used with our entire product range.To top
14) Which products are suitable for kitchens?
It depends where you are intending to display the product in your kitchen. With enough distance from the oven/stove, any WhiteWall product would be suitable. If you fear the intended location might be prone to above-average levels of kitchen-grime, then the HD Metal Print may be the best option, because it is easy to wipe clean. You should not put premium, gallery-quality photo products right by the stove, in locations with strong heat emissions, or in spots where there is lots of kitchen splatter.To top
15) Do I need professional photography equipment to shoot photos for WhiteWall products (Photo Canvases, Acrylic Photo Prints, Aluminum Dibond, etc.)?
No, no specific equipment is required to order from WhiteWall. Use whatever gear fits your photographic needs and requirements. Our commitment is to always produce the best-possible results with the provided image files.To top
16) How durable are digital prints and photographic prints?
The long-term stability of pigment prints and real photographic prints is one of the most important indicators of its quality. For this reason, WhiteWall exclusively uses brand-name manufacturers for all the materials we use, and production methods proven over many years. For rinsing, fixing, and drying, we make extra special effort to further increase the durability. As a result, we can promise fade-resistant prints and photographs for at least 75 years in exhibition conditions. You can also positively influence the colorfastness by keeping direct sunlight and high humidity away from your piece.To top
17) Product samples: Is it possible to take a look at the papers and print results in advance?
Yes! We offer Sample Sets (Link to sample set PDP). You also have the option of using our Test-Print function for photo prints and Fine Art prints. You can find this in the product configuration menu, in the options on the right-hand side. It gives you the opportunity to test your image on the paper of your choice for a reduced price. The test print comes with a watermark, which you will see in the preview during the configuration process.To top