Shadow Box Frame
approx. 7 working days
Many Ways To Display Your Print With Shadow Box Frames
Our Shadow Box Frame adds a gallery character to your pictures. We place your photo in an extra deep frame with plenty of space between it and the glass. As always there are plenty of ways to customize your piece. If you choose our Original Photo Print On Aluminum Dibond, your photo is mounted onto the metal backing and then set in the frame.
Extravagantly Deep Frame
4 Different Options For Displaying your Image
Floating or Slightly Raised Look
3 Frame Colors
Can be Combined with Passe-Partout
Wall Mount Included
Photo Prints With Shadow Box Frames
Extravagant Frames: Extra Depth With The Shadow Box Frame
Some pictures just need a little more space to live up to their full potential. Our solid wood Shadow Box Frames provide both depth and beauty, turning a photo in an art object fit for a gallery.
- Color options: Brown, Black, White
- External depth: 2 3/8 in. (6 cm),
interior depth: 1 9/16 in. (4 cm)
- Glazing: acrylic glass
- Made-to-measure in our frame workshop
1. Aluminum Dibond Mounting: Stability For Photo Prints In Shadow Box Frames
Photo prints mounted on aluminum Dibond and set in a Shadow Box Frame have exceptional depth and brilliant colors. Aluminum Dibond is extremely robust but is still very light.
- Sturdy aluminum Dibond: Stability at a low weight even in large formats.
- Optional white border: 3/8 - 4 3/4 in. (1 - 12 cm)
2. Shadow Box Frames With Photo Prints Or Direct Prints On Hahnemühle Paper
The high-end, brand name paper is matted evenly and reliably with museum card. This prevents distortions, and in this version, the edges are slightly elevated. You can customize the passe-partout around your picture with a width anywhere between 2 - 7 7/8 in. (5 - 20 cm). In addition to photo prints, we also offer pigment prints on 5 different kinds of Hahnemühle Fine Art Paper.
- OurWilliam Turnerwith a matte watercolor texture is excellent for authentic portraits or extraordinary photo concepts.
- OurFine Art Pearlis pure white with a silky surface for great depth with precise contrasts for color and black-and-white photography.
- Our cottonPhoto Raghas a fine, soft finish and is great for all kinds of images and offers great depth.
- Torchonwith a coarse, bright white finish for extravagant reproduction with a three dimensional feel.
- Last but not least, ourFine Art Baryta. Glossy surface and classic baryta texture.
3. Shadow Box Frame With A Floating Photo On Aluminum Dibond
The distance between the picture and the frame creates the impression the image is floating. The photo’s separation from the frame makes it the center of attention, while the frame provides an elegant border. The picture is evenly mounted on aluminum Dibond for a long-lasting and durable result.
- Photo paper: matte or glossy Fuji Crystal DP II
- Sturdy aluminum Dibond: Stability and low weight, even in large formats
- The mounted photo appears to float 3/8 in. (1 cm) above the back
- Passe-partout width: from 2 - 5 15/16 in. (5 - 15 cm)
4. Shadow Box Frame With Floating Passe-Partout: More Depth For Your Photo
The gap between the passe-partout and the backing creates a spectacular visual effect: the passe-partout appears to be floating above the image. This creates additional depth, which draws attention directly to your picture.
- Photo paper: Fuji Crystal DP II in matte or glossy
- The mat appears to float 3/8 in. (1 cm) above the picture
- Passe-partout width: Between 1 3/16 in. (3 cm) and 11 13/16 in. (30 cm)
- 10 passe-partout colors to choose from
- Optional white border: 3/8 - 4 3/4 in. (1 - 12 cm)
Your Image In A Shadow Box Frame: Custom Made By WhiteWall
A Shadow Box Frame is an option for those extra special pictures that rarely fit into our standard formats. We also offer special formats such as squares and panoramas with custom aspect ratios. We create the frame in the dimensions you choose - to the exact centimeter.
- Minimum size: 5 15/16 x 5 15/16 in. (15 x 15 cm)
- Maximum size: 47 1/4 x 31 1/2 in. (120 x 80 cm)
Picture Size Comparison Chart : Shadow Box Frame
Integrated Hanging System For Your Shadow Box Frame
At WhiteWall, wall-mounts are always included in the price. Your picture arrives ready to hang.
- Simple, uncomplicated picture hanging using metal rails. All you need is two nails, screws, or hooks.
- Also looks great standing on a gallery ledge
ICC Color Profiles
Our reliable Softproof color management is an absolute must-have for professionals. Taking into account the print medium and print technology used, ICC profiles allow exact color matching.
The Shadow Box Frame With Various Options: At WhiteWall, The Choice Is Yours
Our shadow box frames add a gallery character to your pictures. At WhiteWall, we place your photo in an extra deep frame with some distance to the outer glazing. As always, you have some options to choose from here as well: For an original photo print on aluminum Dibond, you photo is laminated completely onto the aluminum Dibond backing and then presented in the frame. Alternatively, you can have your original photo print or fine art print applied to a colored backing of your choice at a distance to the frame. For a floating image effect, we laminate your picture on the aluminum Dibond backing and attach it with a distance of approx. 0.39 in. (1 cm) from the backing. The image appears to float in the frame. We also offer the passe-partout option as a floating version, which adds even more depth to the image. You can specify any distance between object and frame. You can optionally choose an image with a white border as well.
The Freedom Of Choice At WhiteWall: Your Shadow Box Frame Is Made To Order
It isn’t always easy to choose and we do want you to think about it well – because it is important that you choose exactly right for your picture. Our shadow box frame is available in various colors: in black oak, in brown maple or in white maple. More options to think about are format and size, because we create your frame in the dimensions you choose – to the exact centimetre. And finally, you have to choose how we ship your picture to you. Everything else you can leave to us and your product will reach you safely and undamaged. Then comes the last decision you have to make: Where to hang the picture? But don’t worry: It doesn’t have to be one final decision, because our shadow box frame can be hung wherever you like. And is repositioned just as easily.
Premium Products For More Options: WhiteWall Delivery Gallery-Quality Results
Once the picture is up on the wall, you can then decide about some other high-quality options: Our original photo print under specialist resin is another of our exceptional and valuable premium products. The liquefied resin flows to the edge of the picture where it cures and forms rounded edge typical for specialist resin. The result is an ultra-transparent, brilliant finish for a crystal clear view of the image with great depth of field, crisp details and brilliant colors. Less costly and our popular favorite is the original photo print under acrylic glass. A great depth of field is achieved with a glass thickness of just 1/16 in. (2 mm). At 1/8 in. (4 mm) you are entering the realm of gallery quality with a premium product fit for professionals. You just have to decide which of these options will be most beneficial for your picture. A difficult decision – but definitely worth your while.